Maybe the Best Knight Army Transport?

I think I have found one of the BEST Knight Army Carrying cases around. In fact, I could be convinced that it is one of the best magnetic cases there is. 

Ohhhhh wood case. How Posh.

Knight armies are tricky by nature to transport. Some of the biggest models there are in the 40k line up means that many magnetic options are just not viable. Yes, we could use foam but that has issues with paint rubbing off or more corrective touch ups needed over time (lets not mention parts breaking from tugging on the foam). I personally have come to loathe foam over my last 15 years of various games. 

This leaves Magnetic options. Now I still own a Battlefoam backpack with original Magna Rack/Rails when I got my Ork army back in 2018. This is a great system but has a flaw. Height management is harsh.  They use brackets to extend the height. This is good but remember you are ultimately limited by the case that envelops system.

Batlefoams Magna Rack

There are others as well like Army Case as well which is the more.... expensive option. Fantastic product but for a cost of about $400 you can hold knights and its a back pack which is cool. Not sure if you can take it as carryon though as its pretty tall (upon rechecking it JUST fits as carry on but its tight and you are laying it on its back or side to fit in the overhead)



Army Case's line of products (no minis included)

This brings me to Jucoci. I saw this due to Robert Hawkins from team Hobby Goblins. Fantastic person and player to say the least. He is letting me borrow one of his Jucoci plastic storage cases for my flight to the Lone Star Open! Like I said great person, all the Goblins are.

My Knights in the Jucoci case

As I said earlier, knights are tough to transport and to transport right. We need good height adjustment and this case brings it at just over half an inch per slot. This is important for me as I have 1 knight, just 1 who is nearly 5" tall and the rest are near the normal 4.5" (I have at least 1/4" cork board on their bases so they to stand up a tiny bit more).

This case can hold at least 3 Abhorrent/Questoris/Dominus knights (big) AND 6 War Dogs/Armigers knights (small).

SNAKEY BOI!

From there it can hold 2 big and 9 small knights, 1 big and 10 small, or up to 18 small knights. This is QUITE a massive amount of storage and it all seems to be in industrial strength injection molded plastic. It is sturdy, I believe Spikey Bits did a test by standing on it. I dont think Robert would appreciate my larger frame trying that out...


The system is currently on Amazon for $129 and with Dimensions that will allow you to just slide it into the overhead compartment on an airplane, I can comfortably say that it is a great product. Be warned, it has weight to it so carrying it all day will be exhausting.


Conclusion:

I rate this 9 out of 11. While spectacular it will be painful to carry all day. However I will admit this is a guess. I am flying out to the Lone Star Open on 7/21 and will find out then just how good or bad this is. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10th edition Chaos Knight Faction Focus... my thoughts

The Great Release! Chaos Knight Codex Review